Inside State Legislatures: How to Drive More Effective State Advocacy
State legislatures introduced more than 70,000 bills this year. Next year, it could be even more as the federal government continues to push issues to the states. With legislative sessions set to kickoff in about 100 days, will your team be ready?
Watch the webinar discussion on how to sharpen your state advocacy for 2023. We assembled a panel of veteran insiders who will explain how to make your plan for next year more effective, including how to build stronger relationships, advocate with impact during the session and gather broad support for your initiatives. The discussion will address how to:
- Work in partnership with state lawmakers to accomplish common legislative goals
- Provide information that lawmakers need to make decisions and fill the gap left by a lack of staffing in many state legislatures
- Advocate year-round to build relationships before the voting starts
- Calibrate your advocacy for maximum impact during legislative sessions
- Approach a governor’s office with realistic expectations and the right pitch
From abortion rights and gun control to election laws, pandemic relief and scores of other issues, state advocacy has never been more important. Join us to hear how insiders get the job done.